Things To Know About Moissanite Engagement Rings
Summary: Choosing an engagement ring is one of the most important yet challenging decisions for a couple. Here are a few things that you must know about moissanite before you consider buying it.
You met someone indescribably wonderful. You two went on several dates, and the time to “pop the question” is now finally here. You two deserve all the best wishes that you get. Engagement is the first step to starting and spending a prosperous life together. Now, for the celebration to take place, you will need an engagement ring, of course. However, you have been going through a few diamond pieces but you couldn’t find anything worthwhile. After all, the diamond industry is full of violence. Besides, it is more of a Hollywood convention to stick to diamond rings for engagement. Regardless of your reasons, if you are seeking an alternative to diamond, then you should consider buying a moissanite ring.
- About moissanite:You never heard of Moissanite Engagement Rings? Well, it isn’t surprising because most people don’t know much about it. Moissanite is a gemstone discovered by Henry Moissan in 1893. He found it near a meteor crater. Yes, you are right; it literally comes from the stars. It is one of the most brilliant and rarest gemstones that occur in nature. Late in the 1990s, scientists found a way to produce this stone in laboratories. Human-made moissanite is entirely indistinguishable from naturally occurring moissanite.
- Exceptionally durable:Why do people favor diamonds when it comes to engagement rings? It is due to the durability factor. Diamond is the hardest substance on Earth, but Moissanite Engagement Rings don’t fall behind in terms of hardness. In reality, specific jewelry companies provide a well-earned lifetime guarantee with this stone. The substance can withstand temperatures up to 2000 degrees Fahrenheit. Scientists tested it by producing bulletproof armor with it that can withstand forty rounds of ammunition. It can also handle nearby grenade explosions.
- Glow and brilliance:Diamonds are precious because of their brilliance. It appears as if diamonds exude “fire” when placed under direct light. However, when compared with moissanite, diamond recedes into the background. Moissanite earned its position as the most brilliant gemstone currently available in the market. Diamonds rank 2.42 RI with a fire dispersion of 0.044. On the other hand, moissanite stones can have up to 2.69 RI and fire dispersion of 0.104.
- It costs less:Everybody knows that diamonds are expensive. Even the lowest-carat diamonds can create a hole in your pocket. The price depends on several factors, such as color, clarity, and cut. Understandably, it can be too expensive for most people. So, if you can’t afford to spend a quarter of your annual salary for a ring, then moissanite should be your choice. The lowest-carat moissanite can be quite pocket-friendly. You can consider spending the money that you save for an exceptional honeymoon vacation.
- Ethical production:Apart from the expenses that you have to bear to purchase a diamond, the stone extracts too much from the world. The diamond industry is an extremely bloody and cutthroat one. Kids labor in the diamond mines trying to pry out this material to feed their families. Besides, the diamond trade often fuels dangerous conflicts throughout the world. There is no such issue that taints moissanite. It is perfectly traceable and its creators produce it ethically.
There are instances where people who purchase non-diamond engagement rings feel that they couldn’t provide the “real thing” to their partner. You can get rid of this pestering thought with moissanite rings. It will retain its brilliance forever. You will also feel better knowing the fact that there isn’t anything better than a moissanite ring for an engagement. People won’t be able to refrain from commenting on the sparkle and eye-dazzling color of the ring without realizing the truth.